If you were unable to attend our webinar panel on Residencies & Fellowships that occurred on Monday 11/25/19, please watch the recording here! A lot of great insight, exploring the reasons for pursuing a residency, discussion about pros and cons, more information about the specific residencies & fellowships pursued, and more.
The American Physical Therapy Association recognizes the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education (ABPTRFE) as the agency for the accreditation of physical therapy residency and fellowship education programs.
The ABPTRFE accreditation process is based on the fundamental principle of peer review that enables physical therapists and non-physical therapists from within higher education to make recommendations essential in assuring quality residency/fellowship programs for all participants. The process is guided by transparent standards that are established collaboratively by member programs and professional peers. Learn more here, as well as search the directory of programs for Residencies and Fellowships.
RF-PTCAS is a centralized application service for post-professional residency and fellowship education programs accredited by the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education (ABPTRFE) of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). The majority of physical therapist residency and fellowship education programs are participating in RF-PTCAS for the 2019-2020 application cycle. RF-PTCAS allows you to use a single online application and set of materials to apply to multiple programs.
Interested in doing a residency or fellowship, but don’t want to leave North Carolina? We have created a list of the programs available to you in our state. This list was pulled from the directory of programs from ABPTRFE, so we apologize for any broken links – please let us know if you have any difficulty with the list! Updated 11/26/2019.
- Duke University Health System Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Residency
- Duke University Doctor of Physical Therapy Division Faculty Residency
- Durham Veteran’s Administration Medical Center Geriatrics Residency
- Atrium Health and Wingate University Neurologic Residency
- Duke University Health System Neurology Residency
- University of North Carolina Neurologic Residency
- Duke University Health System Oncologic Residency
- Carolinas Rehabilitation Orthopaedic Residency
- Duke University Health System Orthopaedic Residency
- University of North Carolina Orthopedic Residency
- Duke University Health System Pediatric Residency
- University of North Carolina Pediatric Residency
- Duke University Health System Sports Residency
- Duke University Health System Women’s Health Residency
- Winston-Salem State University and Novant Health Neurologic Residency
- Durham VA Orthopaedic Residency
- Elon University Sports Residency